The square is the ancient “Campo dell’Abate” which was sold in 1212 by the prior of San Mercuriale to the Forlì community, which later became Piazza Grande
At the time of Caterina Sforza, the “San Mercuriale Abbey” was the undisputed symbol of the city of Forlì.
On the right of San Mercuriale Abbey, the bell tower rises, in Lombard Style, 72,40 metres high. The bell tower was built according to a drawing by Francesco Deddi and completed by Mastro Aliotto in 1180
The Civic Tower is placed behind the Palazzo Comunale in the central square of Forlì, a symbol of the temporal power and the municipal identity of the city
In “Piazzetta Don Garbin” is placed the San Biagio Church. It stands on the ruins of the church of San Biagio in San Girolamo, which was demolished on the evening of Sunday 10 December 1944 during a German bombing
Adjacent to Ordelaffi square stands the Forlì Duomo or Cathedral of Santa Croce, so-called because of the sacred relic that is kept in it. The cathedral stands on the ruins of an ancient parish church dating back to the twelfth century
The Ravaldino Fortress is popularly known as the “Fortress of Caterina Sforza”. Built on the foundations of two pre-existing fortifications, it is situated on the highest part of the city, which has always been dedicated to defense.
To the north of the city center, and close to the strip gardens of Via Curte, over an area of 23 thousand square meters, the Monastero della Torre and the church of Santa Maria della Ripa are placed
Palmeggiani House, is one of the most important examples of late fifteenth century architecture in our city, owned by the family of Marco Palmezzano
In 1488 Caterina razed to the ground the entire Orsi district, where Palazzo del Monte di Pietà is located today. We have to wait until 1510 to have a building set to provide interest-free credit to the most destitute people
We are in front of the Trinity church, one of the oldest religious buildings in our city. The entrance today facing south is not the original one, but dates back to the end of the eighteenth century
We are located in via Canale, crossroads of via Luigi Nanni, in the only point where the Ravaldino canal still flows in the open. For the rest of its 1895 meters of urban path it was completely covered